Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Cantatas ...






or 6 days in a row at church. Last week was dessert cantata week so it was BUSY, BUSY. Everyday I'd take my black formal clothes with me to work in the morning, work all day, then drive to church, pick up dinner along the way for DSis and I, we'd have dinner in her office at church, and then get dressed for the cantata in the ladies room. I'm including some pix of the event so you get an idea; we issue tickets( they are free; just crowd control) and we were "sold out" every night. We ask people coming to bring desserts and then the kitchen crew cuts and plates them and the choir serves the desserts along with coffee and tea before we go on to sing.

Between the four nights (Tues-Fri) we had over 2100 people attend!! Then of course, it was the choir's regularly scheduled weekend to sing in services so it was Saturday night and 3 on Sunday morning!!! Can we say dead singers!!! But the music had a powerful ministry and message to those attending which is the whole purpose of doing the cantata to begin with.
Needless to say, I'm WAY BEHIND on the Journal Your Christmas project. I've been printing the prompts on a daily basis and actually writing down thoughts and sketches during breaks at work, just no time to assemble the actual pages! I have two days off the week after Christmas and my goal is to make a significant dent in the backlog.
Today is my day off for the week--we've already been out to breakfast, been Christmas shopping at Target and Kohl's, been grocery shopping (need all those candy making and baking ingredients) at Wegman's and now I'm on my way across the bridge to IKEA to bring up the last of the Christmas gifts. Then it's off to make all the gifts for my staff and the other managers.
Wish me luck! Will post days 3, 4, and 5 in a separate post!
Janet

No comments: