Monday, January 30, 2012

{MonDaY MusinGs}

OK, so I missed Fabric Friday---actually it was a good day for fabric:  finished cutting for the Bauer Project, went to PMQG Sewing Night and of course, bought more fabric.  Such is the peril of having sewing nights in a variety of quilt stores in the greater Philadelphia area.  They all have very different inventories.


And now it's Monday night of what will be another LONG week----Thursday night is the store's annual physical inventory.  I feel like I can do this in my sleep with my hands tied behind my back but it's still a mandatory 12 hour shift from 4pm to 4am.  And then I'm back in at 4pm for a close on Friday!!  Fortunately, sale reset is going well for tonight and tomorrow.


Really enjoying this stretch of time with minimual evening meetings and events.  It's so nice to come home and not have to rush out again.  Feels like I can really work on projects and get things done---like finishing a very special quilt I'm helping a friend with, sorting slides to send in to be digitized into prints, cataloging my cookbook collection, and just sitting and reading.


Finally, some inspirational thoughts from yesterday's sermon.   We're in the middle of a long series on the life of Christ and yesterday we talked about how God's call is what gives us purpose in life and that call will be unique and different for each of us.  That God is intimately involved in relationship with the people He calls and that in following the call we often get in our own way.  Some real things to think about!!! 


More later,
Janet

No comments: