Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm Done through Day 13






Yes , believe it or not I'm making great progress on the Christmas Journal. Was so psyched last night when I actually finished #13-- anyway, here's to days 9-13!

Day 9: Traditions: this features my favorite tradition, our church choir cantata. The photo flips up to reveal the journaling.

Day 10: All about Gift Wrap.

Day 11: Christmas Trees. I used a large print of our tree and cut around it and let it hang off the end of the page.

Day 12: What Changes do you see from holidays past? This is my rant on the commericalism of Christmas!

Day 13: How to Presents Get from under the Tree: a photo of our chief elf!

It's finally getting cold here, had to wear my winter coast and gloves today. They're even talking about snow flurries tomorrow night. The store has finally quieted down to a normal pace--kiddies have long since returned to school, the college students went back to class yesterday, and the returns/exchanges have slowed to an almost normal pace. Now we get a chance to clean and organize---something we haven't done since before Christmas! By the way, for those of you hooked on TV shows and needing to finish or start collections, here's an enabling alert: Barnes & Noble has TV Box Sets ($29.99 and up) on sale Buy 1, Get 1 FREE through the 30th of January. There's no limit and you should still have time to special order if you need something and have it here before the sale is over.

Looking forward to Friday (my regular day off) since it looks like a day to work in the studio! We've done the first phase of de-Christmasing --BYE BYE Tree ---, done more organizing in the studio, and I've been grocery shopping, paid bills, and I don't have to bake and cook all day. Look for more Christmas Journal pages then! I want to finish so that I can get back to those 1100 vacation photos.

Time to make dinner and then it's off to choir rehearsal!

Janet

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So much fun Janet!!! And sooooooooo glad to have you blogging--I miss your face!

xoxo.

Cricket said...

Your journal pages look fabulous Janet! Welcome to the world of blogging..got ya bookmarked and will be visiting you again for sure!

Smiles,
Cricket :)

Latharia said...

Your pages are delightful! I like the Christmas tree sticking out! :)

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Your pages are great and I love the size book you chose to do!

Kel said...

I am so pleased that you are still working on yours too. I am still in the 'teens' pages as well - but planning to finish, not every prompt necessarily, but at least recording my Christmas iyswim.

Yours is looking lovely.