Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Journal Your Christmas--Part 1

I first heard about this last year in December while reading Ali Edwards' blog and it sounded like so much fun that I bookmarked Shimelle's website and checked in periodically until finally the notice of the class starting was posted in early November. This is my first internet class and I'm really looking forward to the experience!

This is a shot of the journal I'm using--a Rusty Pickle tag book that's about 4" wide and 11" long. Decided to really challenge myself with the unique shape. Also bought a whole assortment of Christmas paper: lots of Basic Grey as well as anything else that looked interesting and "spoke to me".
This is the front cover of my journal. Papers are Basic Grey as are the chipboard brackets. The calendar and the "December" are cut from the bookmark in this month's Real Simple magazine. Red letters are from a metallic paper and cut with Sizzlets. I'm really happy with the outcome!





This is my manifesto page. Lots of Basic Grey and Prima flowers with some trim I had that matched well. Basicly Shimelle wrote the text and encouraged us all to use it, post it on our blogs, etc. SO here goes:
MANIFESTO: Noun. A declaration of one's intentions.
Starting December 1st, I will keep a Christmas journal. In it, I will write something everyday to reflect on the holidays of my past, enjoy the holidays of the present and dream about the holidays of my future. To some, this will be a stack of papers and trivial scribbles, but no to me. I am taking back my Christmas, I am letting it be something I relish, and most importantly, I am giving at least fifteen minutes every day to myself no mattter how crazy this season becomes. I hope you will share, encourage, and understand as I make something with my own hands, my own words, and my own memories.
I am using this online adventure to start my blog, Scraps & Threads, and hope to post all of my entries there. Other artists from around the world are sharing this challenge with me and you can see some of their work at writtendown.com.
Above all, enjoy the season.
I WILL!!!

Janet
P.S. Still figuring out all the technical aspects :(

No comments: