Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Jury Duty

What could be more exciting than spending quality time in beautiful downtown Camden at the Hall of Justice???? Could it be all the morning talk shows and the soap operas??? There was a time when I enjoying watching all that stuff --- now I'm glad I'm at work during the day!


Anyway my day went something like this:



  • 8:13 am -Arrive at courthouse, go through security, get scanned in the jury assembly

  • 8:47 am -Announcements about jury service and a 15 minute video about what a juror does, etc.

  • 9:10 am -THE Waiting begins--I read magazines, did Kakuro puzzles, did some stuff for work

  • 12:10 pm -"We're not going to need to call anyone before lunch. You're free until 1:30 pm."

  • Enjoy lunch in the courtyard in front of the courthouse.

  • 1:32 pm- A group of about 35 are sent upstairs to a courtroom for a civil case. The rest of us are roll called. WAITING around resumes. I write some journaling copy for last year's Christmas journal.

  • 2:35 pm-"We need to send another group upstairs." Palatable groans. "Just kidding-- you're free to go. The county thanks you for your service."

  • 2:40 pm - Pick up letter for employer verifying service. Can't be called for another 3 years. I'll get a $5 check in the mail.
Getting ready to head to Omaha early Friday morning!!

Enjoy,
Janet

No comments: