Thursday, March 20, 2008

Camera--less...

.... I feel SO lost without my camera in my bag. I've gotten so used to having it there whenever I want to take a photo. But as you remember from my last post, something was definitely messed up. Anything taken with the flash had a lovely glowing pink cast---not a great effect!!! So I found the instructions and reset to the factory defaults. NO better. Found a Canon users' group online, joined, and asked there. NO luck. And then I called Canon Tech support. Very helpful, they suggested resetting the defaults, and then we tried taking all the batteries and memory card out and doing a "clear the electrical" thing and reinsert all the batteries and card. NICE try but still a lovely pink glow. SO.....it needs to go to Canon Service as the sensor for the auto white balance has freaked out. So for $100 they'll fix it and send it back; the only problem is that it's a 10 to 15 business day turn time and I NEED a camera for the Grace Crop next weekend, a surprise party the following weekend, to do my ScrapETC homework and of course, for ScrapETC. SO.............I'm taking the plunge to a Digital Rebel!!! I can't see buying another point-and-shoot so we're going SLR. Just checking some final online stores for prices and then it's a go! I even bought a book today at work to start reading about the whole thing!

Enjoy,
Janet

No comments: