Friday, June 15, 2007

Reading....

there's that old story about the cobbler's children having no shoes--well that's how I seem to be with books. I see all these interesting titles to read; get advance reader copies of some, etc. and still can't seem to take time to sit and read. I guess it's because I haven't figured out to read and scrapbook or read and sew at the same time. And forget about reading in bed--I usually get through about 3 pages before I'm asleep!! Well, this is the current challenge: as the big posters at work proudly proclaim: YOU'VE READ 3440 PAGES, ONLY 784 TO GO!! That's my challenge--I borrowed and read the first 4 Harry Potter's before #5 came out (which I bought) and then got busy and never read it. Bought #6 but of course needed to read #5 first. And I just bought the first 4 so I'll have a complete set!

Now my goal is to read them all, all 3440 pages, before #7 arrives on July 21st.

Today was one of those catch-up days--had the car serviced, got propane for our new grill, did the grocery shopping, made the sample bodice for the wedding gown I'm altering, went on an old building photo shoot, and now I'm going up to the studio to scrapbook!

Enjoy the weekend,
Janet

No comments: